High & Dry Dish Rack
The High & Dry is an architecturally inspired dish rack that is both sculptural and functional in equal measure. The wave of spikes can be used to hold even your most delicate champagne glasses upright. There is a drainage tray which has an ingenious flip up spout so that you can choose to drain or not, depending on your kitchen set up.
If you have a clean modern kitchen, the designer wanted to create a dish rack that held enough sculptural beauty that you wouldn’t mind leaving it out on display. Another goal was to create a truly functional way to store glasses, which is not fully addressed by most dish racks on the market. The draining tray also has a very simple flip spout, which allows you to choose whether you have the tray draining water into your sink or not. This allows to take the tray and use it separately from the rack, for drying your large pots and pans. The whole rack is made from a single injection moulding and folds using living hinges. We had to make many different paper models to really get this to work perfectly. The wave of the spikes was inspired by the architect Santiago Calatrava, who designed the Lyon Satolas station and new Ground Zero building.
- - Dishwasher safe
- - Made from polypropylene and stainless steel
- - Removeable cutlery holder and draining tray
- - Individually boxed in unbleached cardboard
- - To remove lime scale residue, wipe with lemon juice
- - Fold flat to 17" x 11.2" x 2.3"
Details and dimensions
- Materials Polypropylene, Stainless Steel
L W H17.20 12.40 10 inches43.69 31.5 25.4 cm
Shipping + delivery
- Shipping Policy Standard
- Shipping Availability USA
- Estimated Delivery 2 - 3 weeks
- Return Policy Final sale, not eligible for return