Information We Collect
- Personal Information. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, gender, date of birth, location, username, password, phone number, and any other information deemed necessary for us to provide our services, that are not otherwise publicly available. You may voluntarily provide personal information about yourself in connection with your interaction with ModernLook and its sites, your requests to receive newsletters or other communications from us, or your use of certain features of ModernLook’s websites or services.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Using Your Personal Information. We use the Personal Information you
provide to us in the following ways:
- To deliver the services you have requested, such as responding to information requests or to answer your questions, delivering newsletters and sales information, or providing access to website features and services.
- For our internal purposes unrelated to any specific service we deliver to you, such as to help improve our website, better understand our customers’ needs, or to develop new offerings that you may find interesting.
- To customize the advertising and content you see.
- To communicate with you about ModernLook’s products and services, including special offers and features.
- Using Other Information. We use non-personal information we
collect about you, such as cookies, pixel tags, and server log data in the
following ways (as a statistical measure, not in a manner that would
identify you personally):
- To customize and improve your experience with our websites and services.
- To deliver internet-based advertising to you that is targeted to the interests we identify through your online activities.
- To compile statistics and reports regarding our audience and the users of the websites, products and services.
- To share with our related companies or trusted third parties so that they may assist us with the use of the information, including providing us with audience segmentation and related information. We never disclose this information in a manner that would identify you personally.
- To improve our email communications by making them more interesting and helpful.
Your Privacy Options
- Opting Out of Interest-Based Advertising. ModernLook supports the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising, which means that you have options and choices about our collection and use of your data for online interest-based advertising. Please note that if you choose to opt out of having your information used to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests, you will continue to see advertisements delivered by ModernLook, but these advertisements may not be as relevant to you.
Will We Share Your Personal Information?
Personal Information about our customers is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only as described below.
Advertisers: As discussed above, we allow advertisers to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and you agree that we may use any of the information we have collected from you (including, without limitation, information you may have decided not to show to other users) to select or allow the advertiser to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. For example, we may allow an advertiser to target an ad to you based on your query history.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We anticipate that we may become affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may sell items to you through the Website. In other situations, we may provide services, or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
User profiles: User profile information including users’ name, email address, and other information you enter (“User Submissions”) may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Website. Email addresses are used to add new User Submissions to user profiles and to communicate through User Submissions. Users’ email addresses will not be directly revealed to other users by ModernLook, except, when the user is “connected” to another user via a shared group membership, or an invitation, or if the user has chosen to include their email address in their User Profile.
Protection of ModernLook and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Other Important Information
- Security. We take appropriate measures to keep the personal information you disclose to us secure and to only release this information to third parties that share our commitment to privacy. However, we cannot guarantee there will not be a breach and we are not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of any third parties.
- Children. ModernLook products and services are not marketed to children under the age of 13. Therefore, we do not expect children under the age of 13 to provide us with any personally identifiable information. If you are a parent and believe that your child has submitted information to ModernLook, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contacting Us. ModernLook welcomes your comments or questions regarding this Privacy Statement or your dealings with this website; please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Information for California Residents. Residents of the State of California may now ask companies with whom they have an established business relationship to provide certain information about the companies’ sharing of personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the past year. If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of the information disclosure provided by ModernLook pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address:
Attn: California Privacy Administrator
4100 NE 2nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33137
For all requests, you must put the phrase “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request and include the name of the website through which you provided the personal information, your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept requests other than through the designated email or mail addresses and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
- Information for Non-US Visitors. If you are visiting from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this policy.