Black Sea Fan
The Black Sea Fan is an artistically preserved skeleton of a species of Cnidaria.
Though it closely resembles a plant, it is actually an aquatic animal that shares its phylum with coral and jellyfish.
Sea fans consume their food through a process called filter feeding, in which the animal fans out and uses the movement of currents to give its many polyp colonies optimal exposure to unsuspecting prey.
Each Black Sea Fan is unique, and so each artwork created is also unique.
Frame available in either white or black.
* Please note that these are natural, preserved specimens, mounted on archival materials in shadow-box frames *
- - We take pride in delivering our customers the most unique products. This piece is made to order, therefore it can not be returned.
Details and dimensions
- ColorBlack or white frame
- Origin Malaysia
L W H17.5 21.5 2.5 inches44.45 54.61 6.35 cm
Shipping + delivery
- Shipping Policy Standard
- Shipping Availability USA
- Estimated Delivery Jun, 21 - Jun, 23
- Return Policy Final sale, not eligible for return