An exceedingly isolated and remote habitat in the Philippines makes this - perhaps the most richly colored of all damselflies - a nearly impossible sight by human eyes.
I have been in search of the habitat for this rare species of Zygoptera for some time now and am pleased to be able to report that it is quite abundant in its native habitat, though that habitat is nearly impossible to reach.
Males and females differ little, though coloration can vary somewhat from emerald-blue to true, deep cobalt blue, with mottled coloration occurring in some specimens.
With their dainty bodies and lightly iridescent wings Damselflies are among the most delicate and fragile of insects to work with.
* Please note that these are natural, preserved specimens mounted on archival materials in shadow-box frames *
- - We take pride in delivering our customers the most unique products. This piece is made to order, therefore it can not be returned.
Details and dimensions
- Origin Malaysia
L W H21.5 25.5 2.5 inches54.61 64.77 6.35 cm
Shipping + delivery
- Shipping Policy Standard
- Shipping Availability USA
- Estimated Delivery May, 23 - May, 25
- Return Policy Final sale, not eligible for return